Wednesday, May 16, 2007

BellSouth Sucks!


While talking to a friend in Atlanta this morning, the call suddenly got dropped. When I attempted to phone back I got a message informing me that "this line is being tested; please try your call again in a few minutes".

Which I did, to no avail. I sent her an email and got a response; I was glad that she still had DSL and asked if she wanted me to report the outage to BellSouth. She responded in the affirmative.

I went to BellSouth's website and discovered that there's no fucking phone number for reporting service outages to be found!

Including under "Contact Us".

I finally used yellowpages.com and easily found their number. And, in fariness, I spoke with a courteous and professional individual named Donna who (seemingly) attempted to investigate the problem to no avail, so a service request was put in. There was no indication how long it may take to resolve the problem

It simply is stunning that a multi-billion dollar company whose business is communications utterly fails to provide such basic information on their website.

'Tards.

Welcome to the new fucking AT&T.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I had a similar problem with BellSouth when our DSL was being connected. They kept missing appointments and generally screwing up and they - THE PHONE COMPANY -could not give me a PHONE NUMBER for the supervisor who might be able to fix things. They did not like my mentioning the irony either.

ps. I miss you. Hope all is well.

1/6/07 18:57  
Blogger Unknown said...

Carp! I did not realize one of my myriad sons was the identity for blogger today. Kate wrote that and this.
ps: Kate still misses you.

1/6/07 18:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home