Friday, August 24, 2007

"...the law is a ass - a idiot."


Charles Dickens' Bumble the Beadle spoke a truth when he uttered those words.

The company I repped for when I lived in Los Angeles got sodomized by the law yesterday. We got assaulted and had the shit stomped out of us; alas, it was all nice and legal.

It sure isn't right. Or just.

Our testicles were placed on the little wooden disc and whacked repeatedly by the gavel.

In fact, had we acted a lot less responsibly, we would be in a significantly better legal position. What a steaming crock of shit. Not to mention how it provides a disincentive to "do the right thing".

I now have officially zero respect for America's legal system, as it clearly has no respect for anything resembling actual justice. (Something I've believed for a long damned time, but now actually know from firsthand experience.)

The company has been the victim of a provably fraudulent insurance claim in the amount of nearly $1M for the past three-and-a-half years. Sadly, the law cares not one whit for the facts of the matter; it only cares about the law. And the filthy vermin, both clients and attorneys, who know how to work the system.

As far as I'm concerned, every fucking attorney in America contributes to this foully corrupt institution. Because even if they're principled individuals, they do effectively nothing to a) weed out the predatory douchebags among them, and b) fix the odious system which their profession has created and permits said douchebags to flourish.

Right about now, I wish much long-term suffering on each and every lawyer in America followed by an ignominious and painful death. Sadly, I have a few friends who are attorneys; please know that my desire for your painful suffering is, in the words of the Mafia, "nothing personal; it's just business".

Like it or not, your profession is a bunch of organized criminals which you virtually never do a goddamned thing to change. Actually, you seem to do whatever you can to make yourselves indispensible in daily life and guarantee full employment for your profession.

Fuck you all with a barbed wire dildo lubricated with cat saliva.

On the brighter side, the demise of every attorney in this country would do wonders to clean up our Congress.

In the words of a character in L. Neil Smith's novel "Pallas":

"People - pardon me, journalists and politicians - have often accused me of believing that I'm above the law. And yet, who isn't? Everywhere you prod it, even with the shortest stick, the established system isn't simply corrupt, it's unequivocally putrescent. The law is created by demonstrable criminals, enforced by demonstrable criminals, interpreted by demonstrable criminals, all for demonstrably criminal purposes. Of course I'm above the law. And so are you."

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Machinist said...

I am sorry, but not surprised, Sir. Our legal culture is sick nationally and California is among the worse states. It is a problem with professional lawmakers where over 80% are lawyers. You have lawyers making laws for other lawyers and little chance for real reform. It does not help that the best of the profession are not the ones drawn into politics.

Ultimately however, I put the blame on apathetic people who are too busy to watch what these lowlifes are doing and let them get away with this. The answer to corrupt politicians is alert and informed voters. History shows us that when times are good, people just will not be bothered. Sad.

My condolences, Sir. I know the feeling from personal experience.

24/8/07 09:49  
Blogger Fatwa Arbuckle said...

Mac -

Thanks for your comment and condolences. And I'm sorry that you've had to learn a similar unfortunate lesson.

I must place the blame squarely at the feet of the legal profession as a whole. It clearly is a criminal enterprise, but it's not illegal, as they make the rules.

One of the things I find most distressing about the whole sad mess is that we significantly assisted our own reaming by acting ethically and by being honest.

But the lesson is painfully clear: Don't do the right thing, do the legally right thing.

And screw everyone else.

"Ultimately however, I put the blame on apathetic people who are too busy to watch what these lowlifes are doing and let them get away with this."

Too true, sir.

24/8/07 10:03  
Blogger BrendaK said...

I am so sorry. So very, very sorry.

It's just amazing to me that they're going to get away with it.

Damn corrupt bastards gaming a carelessly corrupt system.

24/8/07 10:11  
Blogger Machinist said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

24/8/07 11:38  
Blogger Machinist said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

24/8/07 11:40  
Blogger SillyBlindHarper said...

I will have to look for that novel, Fatwa, I'm not familiar with it. Sounds interesting.

I am so sorry for your pain and outrage. Wish I could do something.

28/8/07 01:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home