Thursday, May 17, 2007

Gee-willikers...got some mail!


Much to my surprise, I got a couple of emails from folks I don't know regarding my Falwell post.

They were from friends-of-friends; a couple of them criticized me for snarking on the formerly corpulent (and now merely corpse-like) Reverend before his cadaver had reached room temperature.

I can understand why they found my words offensive; however, I don't care. I see no reason to show the man any more respect in death than I had for him in life. There's nothing sacred about dying; we're all gonna be taking a dirt nap sooner or later.

While the cloud of dust from the WTC was still hanging over lower Manhattan, that pus bag was on TV using the attack to make political points with his minions. Which strikes me as fairly disrespectful to the victims as well as their friends and families.

If a self-appointed moralist and "spiritual leader" exhibits such profound lack of sensitivity to the deaths of innocents, I see no cause to behave any better upon his demise.

I refuse to be respectful of those who, themselves, are not.

And quite honestly, although I don't personally believe in an afterlife, the thought of Falwell impaled on the barbed cock of Satan makes me smile.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fatwa, I'm sorry.

Didn't see the comments so I can't comment and probably wouldn't anyway, because whether or not I agreed with you, I still respect your right to have your say.

Live and let live; or, in this case, live and let someone get snarky about someone else dying.

Given that my BFF T is gay, I had problems with Falwell, myself. And even if I didn't have a gay best friend, I'm still a woman with a big mouth and Jerry Falwell would have thought me a Jezebel had he ever met me. Those types always do.

And I do believe in an afterlife and it pains me to think I might have to sit beside the man at that great banqueting table in the sky.

20/5/07 13:01  
Blogger Fatwa Arbuckle said...

Ottava -

Thanks for visiting and commenting; I appreciate that.

Don't know if you read my post about Falwell's demise; it gives a few examples of why I found him both absolutely despicable as well as dangerous.

"...I might have to sit beside the man at that great banqueting table in the sky."

You could always dump a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs over his head.

Or jab him repeatedly with your salad fork. Just sayin'...

OTOH, if there's anything resembling justice in this wacky universe, you'll be going to a much nicer place than Jerry presently inhabits.

20/5/07 13:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always dump a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs over his head.

ha!

extra spicy so it makes his eyes smart!

23/5/07 17:46  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After Larry Flynt kicked his ass, I cheered for weeks. I've largely ignored Falwell since, but continued to be irritated by his presence and, particularly, his influence over some otherwise decent political minds.

I'm happy to be rid of his influence. But despite the evil of his public persona, he was still a person with family and friends who are hurt deeply by his loss. I guess my distaste for him never rose to the hatred required to trump their pain--or it waned along with his relevance. He hasn't been on my radar screen for many years.

Graves I'll dance on? Jimmah C., Nancy P., Barbara B., Teddy K., Harry R., John K., Rosie O'D, etc....

DFC!

26/5/07 17:54  
Blogger Progger said...

You know the big joke is that he went straight to hell.

1/6/07 23:16  
Blogger Cthulhu said...

Heck, compared to Chris Hitchens, your dyslogy of Falwell was downright amiable. Though that bit about the Barbed Boner of Beelzebub got me laughing.

His chat with Robertson post-9/11 was particularly abominable. I won't dance on his grave, but I shed no tears. And heck, I cried when NIXON died.

4/6/07 19:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home